Sunday, November 8, 2009

NHRA
















Our whole reason for going to Las vegas was that we were going to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the NHRA. Bob's friend Israel, who works for the Army Motorsports, invited us to come down and experience the drag racing and to get some VIP treatment. We spent a lot of time in the Army tent where Tony Schumacher gave a speech and we got to watch his crew work on his dragster. We also had a good lunch and were given an army hat and dog tag, which we ended up having Tony sign one. We also had a chance to meet some other drivers, Cory Mcclenathan and "Fast Jack" Beckman. Jack took us on a tour of one of his trailers and explained to us about all the parts, members of his crew, and all the money that goes into a 3 second race. This was probably one of the funnest parts of our trip and can't wait to go to another race!

1 comment:

  1. Vegas, how fun. I haven't been there for years but I really want to go again. I didn't know you have a blog, so get ready for me to comment alot. You and your boyfriend are a really cute couple. I had fun at game night, let's do it again, only I will stay longer next time. :)

    ReplyDelete